Contact Us: 914-251-0701
Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced by the body that regulates the sleep-wake cycle. Many things can interfere with melatonin production, such as excessive light in the evening, jet lag, and shift work. In addition, the less melatonin is manufactured with age.
Ordinary melatonin supplements leave the body after four hours, so while they may aid in falling asleep, they are not be effective for those who have difficulty staying asleep or waking too early. MicroActive Melatonin was developed to address this issue through a micronized, sustained-release technology that ensures the melatonin is gradually released over seven hours. Additionally, while ordinary melatonin supplements expose the body to an unsually high spike of melatonin upon consumption, MicroActive Melatonin's sustained release technology allows a consistent dose over a long period of time in order to better support sleep.
Head-to-head tests of MicroActive Melatonin, unformulated melatonin, and two leading sustained-release brands showed that the other brands either released too quickly or did not release fully. MicroActive Melatonin not only provided an initial burst of melatonin at one hour (40% release), it delivered complete release of the remaining melatonin over the next six hours (60% release).
MicroActive Melatonin is micronized, meaning the particles have been reduced to a small particle size (10 microns), allowing for greater transit through veins and capillaries. In addition, the special mix of polymers in MicroActive Melatonin slows the rate at which the melatonin is released, so it stays in the bloodstream longer.
Melatonin is endogenous to the human body. Supplements of melatonin have been studied in both adults and children and have been found to be both safe and well-tolerated. They do not cause any rebound or withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation.,
 Malow B, et al. J Autism Dev Disord. 2012 Aug;42(8):1729-37.
 Wade AG, et al.Curr Med Res Opin. 2011 Jan;27(1):87-98.