Maypro representatives attended this year's ISSN, the annual conference hosted by the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Here are the top sports nutrition trends according to Maypro:
- Stimulant-Free Cognitive Focus : Science-backed ingredients supporting reaction time and focus without caffeine is gaining attention.
- Bioavailability : Delivery forms and ingredient bioavailability to maximize absorption and short-term activation are top of mind. A recent study showed that Astaxanthin's ability to pass the lipid bilayer resulted in a reduction of muscle damage with improved power output and recovery. Scientists are also interested in the bioavailability of polyphenols.
- Antioxidants : Astaxanthin is also enjoying attention for its work as an extremely powerful antioxidant outperforming both Vitamin C and CoQ10 by significant margins. Maypro's MicroActive Astaxanthin offers superior bioavailability making it an ideal option for product developers looking to create outstanding ingredient activation.
- Probiotics : Scientists are looking at gut health as a factor in athletic performance. One study showed a probiotic's efficacy in improving both dairy and plant-based protein absorption with a reduction of exercise-induced inflammation.*
- L-citrulline : One study showed significant increase in vasodilation* and the ingredient is experiencing interest for pre-workout supplementation. Maypro's MicroActive L-citrulline is the most bioavailable form of the ingredient, making it an attractive option for formulators.
- Creatine: Creatine is still in high-demand for the Sports Nutrition category where demand outweighs supply.
AppleActiv DAPP® (Dried Apple Peel Powder) provides the anti-aging phytonutrients (and fiber) of apple peels in an easy-to-blend dry powder. In fact, the peel is the most nutritious part of the apple — and apple peel has been shown to contain up to six times the polyphenols (including flavonoids) of apple flesh, giving it significant antioxidant activity.
Plus, AppleActiv DAPP has been shown, through original in vitro research, to scavenge free-radical species and improve the balance of cytokines.*
As a result of these two actions, it may protect consumers against oxidative stress and promote healthy aging.*
In fact, a 12-week pilot human clinical study found that AppleActiv DAPP:
- Supports joint comfort*
- Encourages healthy range of motion*
- Promotes healthy joint function*
Manufacturers also appreciate that AppleActive DAPP is:
- 100% organic
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Self-Affirmed GRAS
It’s also neutral-tasting for supplement and functional food applications.
Discover more about this organic and sustainably-produced ingredient here.
MBP® (Milk Basic Protein) is a component of whey consisting of several different biologically active proteins, including high mobility group-like protein, cystatin C and lactoferrin.
Although milk is high in protein, MBP accounts for only a small fraction of its overall protein content, and so it is not feasible for consumers to ingest an optimal dose of MBP through the consumption of dairy products alone.
Human clinical research has shown that MBP maintains normal bone metabolism and structure.* It works by:
- Encouraging healthy bone remodeling.* MBP increases the number of osteoblasts (cells that build bone) and inhibits the activity of osteoclasts (cells that break down bone).
- Promoting collagen formation.* Calcium is needed for bone strength, but without collagen, it has no place to attach to bone. By increasing collagen production, MBP helps calcium stick to bone.*
Six human clinical studies (including four double-blind placebo-controlled trials) have shown that MBP improves bone mineral density in both young and elderly adults.*
Made from grass-fed, growth hormone-free and steroid-free cows, MBP is perfectly suited for bone-and-joint and strength-support formulations that require optimal levels of high biological quality protein.
MBP® is FDA GRAS-notified, gluten-free, non-GMO, Kosher and Halal.
To learn more about MBP®, click here or reach out to your Maypro representative.
Now available in water soluble format, Venetron-W is suitable for drink formulation, gummies, capsules, and tablets.
Derived from a patented, purified, powdered extract of Apocynum venetum, Venetron® is a dietary ingredient for sleep and mood support. Unlike other mood support herbs such as St. John's Wort, Venetron does not affect the CYP3A pathway and is also more potent and therefore requires a lower dose (just 50 mg per day).
Venetron® has been shown in several placebo-controlled human clinical trials to:
- Promote a positive outlook*
- Alleviate occasional stress*
- Improve sleep quality*
The AHCC Research Association has announced that a new study has shown daily use of AHCC® supported the immune system in clearing persistent high-risk HPV infections in two-thirds of study participants after six months of supplementation.
Dan Lifton, CEO of Quality of Life supplement brand said, "As the pioneer brand of AHCC which has been marketing it for over 20 years, we are excited to see this new study indicates AHCC addresses a huge unmet need."
MORINAGA'S M-63 EARNS FDA GRAS STATUS
Morinaga M-63 is a clinically backed strain of Bifidobacterium infantis that helps establish healthy microbiota in low-birth-weight infants. One study found that low-birth-weight infants given a mix of three Bifidobacteria species, including Morinaga M-63, achieved healthy colonization of microflora more quickly than those infants given no probiotics or only one species.*
Morinaga M-63 is dairy-free, non-GMO, Halal-certified, Kosher and certified FDA GRAS.
The Food Expo is Back!
IFT returns in a hybrid format. If you plan to attend and would like to meet with Maypro representatives in attendance, please email us here.
IFT FIRST Annual Event and Expo
July 10-13, 2022
Chicago, IL (and online)
Maypro's Global Export team will be in beautiful São Paulo, Brazil to showcase Maypro's proprietary branded ingredients portfolio to the Food ingredients South America attendees. Schedule some time to meet before schedules fill up. Click here to send us an email.
Food Ingredients South America
August 9-11, 2022
São Paulo Expo
São Paulo, Brazil