The human body contains trillions of microorganisms — outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1 (1). The body is their host and they interact with our human cells in ways that scientists and formulators have only relatively recently begun to fully understand.
Fortunately, there is a powerful foundation of research behind Nutiani HN001™, Nutiani HN019™ and Lactoferrin supporting structure-function benefits in the areas of immunity, gut health, normal digestion, bone health, healthy mood, skin health, certain markers of inflammation, and more.*
Has a revolution in probiotic-driven immune health begun?
A Gut Feeling This Can Help Your Products — Nutiani HN001™
Backed by 27+ human clinical studies that support immune and gut health in both young and older populations, Nutiani HN001™ (Lactobacillus rhamnosus) is manufactured using a proprietary method that increases stability and helps retain viability.
Mechanism of Action
It's a strain of L. rhamnosus that:
- Works to improve digestive health by reducing gut discomfort and constipation as well as potentially reducing the risk of allergens.*
- Supports immunity (2,3).*
- May reduce a specific type of inflammation associated with increased cytokine interleukin 6 levels.*
- Can also improve magnesium and calcium retention, which supports bone mineral density.*
- May support healthy mood in women after childbirth (4).*
- Could support skin health and may naturally reduce atopy in young children (5).*
Ideal as a standalone product, it’s also compatible with a wide variety of other health and wellness ingredients, boasting excellent shelf-life stability and a reduced die-off rate.
It's a New Zealand and European-sourced, non-GMO ingredient in freeze-dried powder form with a minimum cell count of 550B CFU/g.
Nutiani HN001 is Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, Kosher and Halal, and is ideal for a variety of formulations, including supplements, drink-powder mixes, yogurts and confectionaries.*
Click Here to learn more about Nutiani HN001 or reach out to your Maypro representative.
Nutiani HN019™: Support for Immunity and Digestion
Backed by 35+ human clinical studies that support gut integrity and barrier functions in both young and older populations, Nutiani HN019™ (Bifidobacterium lactis) is also manufactured using a proprietary method that increases stability and helps retain viability.
Mechanism of Action
It’s a strain of B. lactis that:
- May enhance immunity (6,7).*
- Promotes bowel movement by decreasing intestinal transit time (8).*
- Can improve the gut microbiota (9).*
- Can enhance the body’s natural protection against constipation (10).*
- Could reduce specific inflammation.*
- May improve the availability of iron in the body.*
Researched in numerous human clinical studies conducted in the elderly, children and infants, Nutiani HN019 is a stable probiotic manufactured to reduce die-off rate.
Can be formulated into supplements, yogurt, powdered beverages, confectionaries, and high-fiber juices.
Nutiani HN019 is Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, Kosher and Halal, and is ideal for a variety of formulations, including supplements, drink-powder mixes, yogurts and confectionaries.*
Click here to learn more about Nutiani HN019 or reach out to your Maypro representative.
Whey to Go! Lactoferrin for Natural Immunity.
Mile-derived whey is a complex protein composed up of smaller protein subfractions (peptides), including beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, immunoglobulins (IgGs), glycomacropeptides, bovine serum albumin (BSA), and peptides including lactoperoxidases, lysozyme and lactoferrin.
Each of whey’s subfractions has its own unique biological properties. In the past, separating out these subfractions at commercial scale was impossible or cost-prohibitive, however the newest technologies have allowed a handful of companies to separate out highly bioactive peptides from whey, like lactoferrin.
Mechanism of Action
Lactoferrin is a multifunctional protein that has immune-enhancing properties:
- A majority of research suggests that lactoferrin serves as a beneficial immune modulator, as it is a primary activator of the host immune response (11).
- A clinical study in 10 ten people who consumed lactoferrin concluded “these results suggest that lactoferrin administration may influence the primary activation of the host defense system” (11).
- In addition to its immunomodulating effects, this peptide has powerful probiotic properties. Lactoferrin is able to help kill off harmful bacteria in the gut encourage the growth of “good” bacteria in the intestine (12).
Since levels of this immune factor decrease with age, recent attention on the value of natural immune boosters has greatly increased interest in this nutrient.
Our lactoferrin is extracted using gentle technologies that retain its naturally occurring health properties. It is an ideal bioactive for use in adult nutrition, thanks to its iron-binding, pro-immunity functionality, and contribution to iron metabolism.*
To enquire about Lactoferrin or other high-quality functional ingredients from Maypro, click below to email a sales representative.
Visit Maypro at SupplySide East!
Schedule some time with us at SupplySide East. It’s the perfect opportunity to share updates on your newest products in development, ingredient needs, and ask about the latest research on our proprietary and branded ingredients.
April 18-19, 2023
Meadowlands Exposition Center
Let’s work together to make the world a healthier, happier place.
- National Institutes of Health. NIH Human Microbiome Project defines normal bacterial makeup of the body. June 13, 2012 [news release].
- Gill HS, Rutherfurd KJ, Cross ML. Dietary probiotic supplementation enhances natural killer cell activity in the elderly: an investigation of age-related immunological changes. J Clin Immunol. 2001;21(4):264–271.
- Gill HS and Rutherford KJ. Probiotic supplementation to enhance natural immunity in the elderly: effects of a newly characterized immunostimulatory strain Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 (DR20™) on leucocyte phagocytosis. Nutrition Research. 2001;21(1-2):183–189.
- Slykerman RF, Hood F, Wickens K, et al. Probiotic in Pregnancy Study Group. Effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 in pregnancy on postpartum symptoms of depression and anxiety: A randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial. EBioMedicine. 2017;24:159–165.
- Wickens K, Stanley TV, Mitchell EA, et al. Early supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 reduces eczema prevalence to 6 years: does it also reduce atopic sensitization? Clin Exp Allergy. 2013;43(9):1048–1057.
- Arunachalam K, Gill HS, Chandra RK. Enhancement of natural immune function by dietary consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis (HN019). Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000;54(3):263–267.
- Chiang B., Sheih Y, Wang L, et al. Enhancing immunity by dietary consumption of a probiotic lactic acid bacterium (Bifidobacterium lactis HN019): Optimization and definition of cellular immune responses. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000;54:849–855.
- Waller PA, Gopal PK, Leyer GJ, et al. Dose-response effect of Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 on whole gut transit time and functional gastrointestinal symptoms in adults. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011;46(9):1057–1064.
- Ahmed M, Prasad J, Gill H, et al. Impact of consumption of different levels of Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 on the intestinal microflora of elderly human subjects. J Nutr Health Aging. 2007;11(1):26–31.
- Ibarra A, Latreille-Barbier M, Donazzolo Y, et al. Effects of 28-day Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis HN019 supplementation on colonic transit time and gastrointestinal symptoms in adults with functional constipation: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, and dose-ranging trial. Gut Microbes. 2018;9(3):236–251.
- Yamauchi K, Wakabayashi H, Hashimoto S, et al. Effects of orally administered bovine lactoferrin on the immune system of healthy volunteers. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1998;443:261–265.
- Dial EJ, Hall LR, Serna H, et al. Antibiotic properties of bovine lactoferrin on Helicobacter pylori. Dig Dis Sci. 1998;43(12):2750-2756.